Considerations when selecting Risk of Bias method
A decision about which Risk of Bias tool to use for your review should be made at protocol stage and can be re-considered when updating your review.
Start by reading the information on Risk of Bias 2 (RoB 2) available from Cochrane Methods.
- Protocols: choose your Risk of Bias method before drafting your protocol. Changing your method after protocol publication is discouraged.
- Reviews: implement the Risk of Bias method specified in your protocol.
- Updates: you can decide whether to switch to RoB 2 at the point of update.
- There is no expectation that updates of intervention reviews will adopt RoB 2.
- If you switch to RoB 2 from RoB 1 at the point of update, all risk of bias data from the previous version will be lost when RoB 2 is enabled. You can download or make a copy of your Risk of Bias data before you enable RoB 2.