People in Archie can be marked as inactive - either in just a group role, or at the person record level. A person record becomes inactive by making all its roles inactive.
Making a group role inactive
When a role is marked as inactive, all permissions that rely exclusively on that role are removed.
You also have the option to delete a group role if it is no longer relevant.
- If the person has no other active roles in any group, you will need to request a role for the contact within the Membership Project in order to remove your group role. See Assigning roles to people.
To make a role inactive
- Go to the Roles tab on the person record
- Select the relevant role, and click Edit
- Group Role window opens.
- Remove mark from the Active check box and click OK
- Remember: If the last role is marked inactive, the person will also be marked as inactive
Making a person record inactive
If all a person's roles are marked as inactive, the person's overall status will change to inactive. At this point, a Reason for Inactivity field becomes available on the Info tab of the person properties. For a person that has passed away, use the standard term 'Deceased'.
If you need to mark a record in this way please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deceased contributors (instructions for support teams and system administrators)
If a contributor is deceased and should no longer be contacted, please delete all all contact details apart from primary email, city and country (required fields) will be removed from their the Archie record. Please replace the email address
The email address will be replaced with with deceased-contributor-XXXXXX@example.com (where XXXXXX is a random string). You can use Use https://www.random.org/strings/ to generate a random string to ensure the placeholder address is unique.
All a deceased contributor's group roles should be removed (if no longer relevant) or marked as inactive.
The Reason for inactivity on the Info tab of the person record should be 'Deceased'. If you need to mark a record in this way where the contributor has roles in other groups, please contact email@example.com