The Email option for a person lets you quickly open a new email addressed to the chosen person in your standard email software.
- Note: The Email option only works if you have a default email client set up on your computer, or you have specified a webmail provider under Preferences.
You can also select a set of people and then generate an email to them, see Export contact details.
Email a contact
- Find the person you want to email (e.g., by using Quick Search).
- Right-click the name and choose Email. Your default email software opens a new email using the primary email of the person in the 'To:' field.
Email the authors on a review
- Right-click the review and choose Email All Authors. Your default email software opens a new email using the primary email of all authors in the 'To:' field.
Invalid email addresses
The facility to mark a contact's email address as invalid in Archie, is listed for development.
If you email a contact, and receive an autoreply or bounceback message indicating that the address is no longer valid (hard bounce), please do the following:
- Retain the primary email address on the record.
- Send a message to the contact's secondary address (if one is stored), to confirm if this should become the primary email.
- Add a note to the person’s record in Archie to indicate the address is invalid:
- On Notes tab of person record click New
- Title: Invalid email address
- Note text: Hard bounce on primary email received [date]. Email invalid.
- Note saved: OK
- On Sharing tab of Note window, select Public
- Save and Exit