Email a contact
- Find the person you want to email (e.g., by using Quick Search).
- Right-click the name and choose Email. Your default email software opens a new email using the primary email of the person in the 'To:' field. You need to have a default email client set up on your computer, or to have specified a webmail provider under Preferences.
Email the authors on a review
- Right-click the review and choose Email All Authors. Your default email software opens a new email using the primary email of all authors in the 'To:' field.
Invalid email addresses
The facility to mark a contact's email address as invalid in Archie, is listed for development.
If you email a contact, and receive an autoreply or bounceback message indicating that the address is no longer valid (hard bounce), please do the following:
- Retain the primary email address on the record.
- Send a message to the contact's secondary address (if one is stored), to confirm if this should become the primary email.
- Add a note to the person’s record in Archie to indicate the address is invalid:
- On Notes tab of person record click New
- Title: Invalid email address
- Note text: Hard bounce on primary email received [date]. Email invalid.
- Note saved: OK
- On Sharing tab of Note window, select Public
- Save and Exit
Requests not to be contacted
If a contributor requests no further contact from Cochrane, and has no group roles, the account can be deleted by the Support Team. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a contributor has active group roles, please contact email@example.com to ensure that relevant groups are notified and the person is removed from any mailing lists that are not managed centrally, e.g. mailman lists.
To retain a record but ensure no further contact:
- Remove all contact details apart from primary email, city and country (required fields) from the Archie record.
- Replace primary email with inactive-contributor-XXXXXX@test.com (where XXXXXX is a random string). Use https://www.random.org/strings/ to generate a random string to ensure the placeholder address is unique.
- Notify the Managing Editor of any groups where the contributor has an active author role, to ensure linked document roles are removed, and the author is not contacted about further updates to reviews.
- Add a public note (see above) to indicate the date of the Do not contact request.