The withdrawn statements must include some key information. The reasons for withdrawalÂ withdrawal must not be potentially defamatory.
- Reason(s) for withdrawal, starting with: "This Cochrane Review has been withdrawn from publication."
- Which section(s) of the review is/are affected.
- Who is withdrawing the review (and whether the authors agree).
- Whether the Cochrane Review will be revised and re-published republished in future.
The withdrawn statement for protocols for Cochrane Reviews must include the following information:
- Reason(s) for withdrawal, starting with: "This protocol for a Cochrane Review has been withdrawnwithdrawn."
- Who is withdrawing the protocol (and whether the authors agree).
- Whether the protocol will be revised and republished in future.