- Author team eligible for gold open access waiver because first author is from a HINARI A or B country, provided funding for the Cochrane Review does not include funds for the article publication charge.
- Contact author alerts Managing Editor.
- Managing Editor checks eligibility against HINARI list.
- Managing Editor confirms with author that eligible (or not) and sends a link to webpage that explains the two OA lfps that the author can select (CC BY-NC or CC BY-NC-ND) and copy in author team. [See template email for scenario 2 below to explain the process.]
- Contact author lets Managing Editor know which open access license for publication form the team would like to select.
- Managing Editor releases agreed gold open access licence for publication form to all authors. (for further information, see the Archie help file.)
- Archie sends alert to David Hives (email@example.com; Cochrane Production Manager, Wiley) to say open access has been selected and is eligible for a waiver (i.e. no payment required).
- Review published with open access logo, and relevant copyright and legal information.