Initiate Discussion on the manuscript Action Menu allows Managing Editors to begin a conversation with other editors regarding a submission.
There are built-in Discussion topic templates in Editorial Manager related to:
- Expressions of Interest
- Review Proposal Forms
- Methods Support Unit referral pre-submission
- Methods Support Unit referral post-submission
Use the Master topic template to start a discussion on any topic.
Discussions can be a useful way of asking other editors to review collated peer review comments. See Ask another Editor to review collated comments: Discussion.
Select participants and set viewing permissions
- Search for editor(s) under Editor Candidates and Select the participants you want to join the discussion
- Select whether participants can View Reviews and Comments, Download Files (source and companion), and View Draft Decision Letter
- Proceed to Customize Letters
- The email sent will contain a link to log in and view the discussion
- Managing Editors will receive an email notification when there is a response
Send reminders to participants
Use the Send Email function on the discussion screen to remind editors to contribute.
- Send Email
- Choose letter Discussion Invitation
- The email will contain a link for the participant to access the discussion directly
- Customise Letter as needed to add a reminder and/or further information
- Preview and Send > Send Email
When you have received the feedback you need, you can Conclude Discussion from the discussion screen.
Discussions with Methods Support Unit
Open a Discussion in Editorial Manager to ask for Methods Support Unit input on a review. Two Discussion templates are available:
- Methods Support Unit referral pre-submission for Proposals (please note that the Initiate Discussion link is visible on the Details screen for Proposals)
- Methods Support Unit referral post-submission for Submissions
Customise the Methods Support Discussion templates as you wish.
Search for participant Rachel Richardson email@example.com
You can also use the search Editor Role | Is | Methods Support
Children and Families site
Rachel Richardson has the Editor Role Associate Editor on this site.