The steps described below assume that the most recent version in Archie has been approved for publication by the CRG in accordance with the usual editorial workflow; and that the review to be published is a new citation version and therefore requires completion of Licence for Publication Form by all authors.
Publish a review
- Ensure the latest version of the review has been submitted from RevMan.
- Right-click the review in the Resources tree view and choose Publish. The Publication Wizard opens.
- Ensure the review is ready for publication, with current contact details.
- Check the box to Update Contact Details from Archie.
- Click Preview Published PDF to check the contact details and formatting.
- Click Compare to view the differences between the previously published version and the version to be released for publication.
- Click Next. The Validation check is run. If there are errors you cannot proceed, and must click Cancel to end the wizard.
- If there are validation warnings, but you wish to ignore them, check the box to confirm this and click Next.
- If you do not want the review published as soon as possible, specify a delivery date and time. The earliest Archie will release a review is after a 2 hour cool-off period, so this is the default time.
- The time is shown in your local time zone, which is indicated after the field, e.g. "GMT+10".
- Click Next.
- If relevant, choose Gold open access. Select the Publish Under Gold Open Access License option, and pick the appropriate license type from the list. Add the relevant addendum if necessary (see screenshot below).
- For more information see the EPPR pages on Gold Open Access, WHO and PAHO addenda, and Further information on Open Access for Managing Editors.
- Choose post-completion actions for Review Phase and License for Publication forms. In general, we recommend that you accept the default for the review to be returned to the Authoring Phase, and for citation versions, to have information sent to authors on how to complete Licence for Publication forms.
- Click Mark for Publication. The wizard closes, and the review is now listed in the Publication Pipeline as Pending Delivery.
Please note that when publishing an amendment to a review that was published under a gold open access licence, the Publication Wizard shows the licence information as read-only.
Before you mark a review for publication you should check all tabs in the review's Properties in Archie.
- General: Is stage correctly set ?
- People: Document Roles correctly assigned?
- Topics: Linked to Topics List?
- History: Compare with previous version or with previously published version for further reassurance.
- Advanced: Check Status and Next Stage Expected.
- Workflows: Check you have completed the tasks in milestone H.
Undoing the Publish action is not the same as withdrawing a review, but simply a way of undoing a recent Publish action. The Undo Publish option is only available for reviews that have a version marked for publication and has the effect of removing the 'For publication' status from that version. To use this option, right-click the review and choose Undo Publish.
To undo the publishing of a review
- Locate the review in the Resources tree view or by searching.
- Right-click the review and choose Undo Publish.
- Click OK to verify that you wish to clear the status from the version currently marked for publication.
- Click OK.