Important information regarding enabling the GRADEPro feature
Enabling GRADEPro GDT integration will break the compatibility between RevMan Web and RevMan 5.
- When the GRADEPro integration is enabled for a review in RevMan Web, you can no longer check the review out into RevMan 5.
- It may therefore be advisable to wait for a specific point in the editorial process before enabling the integration (e.g. until after studies have been imported from Covidence).
- Once the GRADEPro integration feature is enabled, it is not possible to disable it except to revert to a version of the review prior to enabling of the features. This must be done before any Summary of Findings tables have been linked from GRADEPro.
- Once the GRADEPro integration feature is enabled, GRADEPro Summary of findings tables MUST be edited within GRADEPro (not RevMan Web). Once this feature is enabled, you cannot import a SoF from GRADEpro via a RevMan 5 file.
Please also carefully note point (5) on this page explaining that there are certain analysis types that are not fully supported by the integration.
Currently, the GRADEPro GDT integration can only be enabled for intervention reviews.
Cochrane authors who wish to enable this integration should consult with their Cochrane Review Group. As of March 25, 2021, authors can request that their Managing Editor enable this feature; more information about enabling the GRADEPro feature is available here.
The GRADEpro Knowledge Base provides additional information about how to use the online software.
1. Check if the integration with GRADEPro GDT is enabled
On the RevMan Web dashboard, there is a line showing whether the integration with GRADEPro GDT is enabled. Clicking on the blue ‘i’ icon will open a message alerting you that enabling the GRADEPro integration with break RevMan 5 compatibility. You are advised to contact your managing editor to enable the integration.
The same icon and the message will appear if you try to create a ‘Summary of findings’ table using GRADEPro GDT.
2. Link your GRADEPro GDT and Cochrane accounts
When the integration with GRADEPro GDT is enabled for your review, you can add a ‘Summary of findings’ table created in GRADEPro GDT. To do that, you need to have a GRADEPro GDT account and link it to your Cochrane Account.
3. Add a table using GRADEPro GDT
When your GRADEPro GDT and Cochrane accounts are linked, open your review and in Tables>Summary of findings section click on the ‘Add a table’ button and select ‘Using GRADEPro GDT’.
4. Select analysis group
Select analysis group, then ‘Import’.
Note that importing from RevMan Web to GRADEPro is the only way to create a linked ‘Summary of findings’ table. It is not possible to first create a table in GRADEPro GDT and then link it with RevMan Web.
5. View and edit the table
A table with the ‘GRADEPro GDT’ label is listed among your ‘Summary of findings’ tables. To edit the table, click on the ‘Edit’ icon and the table will open in GRADEPro GDT. Any edits in GRADEPro GDT will be automatically updated in RevMan Web. Edits to a GRADEPro GDT Summary of findings tables MUST be made in GRADEPro (it will not be possible to edit these tables in RevMan Web).
It is not possible to enter data under 'Assumed risk' when editing SMD outcomes in GRADEPro. Please enter any relevant context that would have otherwise been entered in the assumed risk column in the 'What happens' column.
Additional details on how to edit Summary of findings tables with GRADEpro can be found here.
6. Delete the table
If you want to delete the table, you need to do it in GRADEPro GDT. If you try deleting the table in RevMan Web (by clicking on the dustbin icon), you will get the message to delete the table in GRADEPro GDT and then refresh the ‘Summary of findings’ tables page in RevMan Web.