Generating a PDF / printing the review
Check in a version from RevMan Web or RevMan 5 to Archie with a relevant description, e.g. ‘For editorial checks’. Use the Archie View PDF function to generate a PDF of the latest version in the Archie History.
iThenticate plagiarism-checking software
Check in a version to Archie from either RevMan Web or RevMan 5 with a relevant description. Generate a PDF (see above) to upload to iThenticate.
Check in a version to Archie from either RevMan Web or RevMan 5 with a relevant description, e.g. ‘For editorial checks.’ Compare this with a previous version on the Archie History tab. See Comparing versions.
Changes tracked in RevMan Web appear when the version is checked in and viewed in Archie.
- In RevMan Web, tracking changes is set per user, per review.
- When a user opens a review, the default values are track changes 'off' and view changes 'on'.
- 'View tracked changes' shows changes tracked by all contributors.
- By hovering over the tracked changes you can see who made the change and when.
- Accepting and rejecting changes allows you to accept an individual change, and all changes in a text box. It does not apply throughout the review.
- To accept/reject changes in the next text box, use the tab key and then click on the accept/reject button.
- 'Hide' and 'Show' tracked changes enables easier reading of edited text.
Allocate workflow roles and tasks to peer reviewers in Archie. Check in a version to Archie from either RevMan Web or RevMan 5 with a relevant description, e.g. ‘For peer review.’ Select this version as a workflow attachment to peer review emails.
If you normally include the PLS and Abstract of a review when in invitation emails to peer reviewers, you can copy and paste these from the Archie document viewer.
Check in a version to Archie from either RevMan Web or RevMan 5 with a relevant description, e.g. ‘For copy edit.’
Global search and find
Full-text view in RevMan Web allows you to find content within all text sections, SoF tables and study characteristics using the browser search (Ctrl+F).
There is a find and replace plug-in in Chrome that you can install for more advanced settings such as Match case.
Checking for consistency
Compliance with Cochrane style
The Style Manual is available from within RevMan Web, in the Help tab on top menu bar. Click to open the Style Manual or Style Basics guidance in a new window.
Compliance with MECIR standards
Relevant MECIR standards for a given section (Objectives, below) are provided within RevMan Web, in the Context tab on the top menu bar.
A full validation report in RevMan Web is currently in development. Some common validation errors are flagged on the review dashboard. See How to use the validation report in the review.
You can run a complete validation report via Archie (see below) or check out the review to run the validation report in RevMan 5.