Recommended text for footnotes
Author footnotes can be added for three reasons only. Each reason has specific recommended wording. Please use this wording to ensure footnotes display correctly on the Cochrane Library and PubMed.
|Reason for footnote||Recommended template wording|
Joint first authorship
These authors should be considered joint first author
Joint authorship - other than first author
These authors contributed equally to this work
Add an author footnote
- Go to Review Information > Authors
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the relevant author's name, to show the full author information
- Scroll down to the Footnotes textbox
- Add the Recommended template wording to the footnote
- If you add the same recommended wording for another author, both authors will share an identical footnote
Preview author footnotes
View the current version from the review dashboard to preview how footnotes will display in the published version.