The 'Submit Comments' tool, available on the Cochrane Library website (cochranelibrary.com) allows contributors to submit comments on Cochrane Reviews, protocols for Cochrane Reviews, and Editorials. Comments must be concise, relevant to the content of the review, supported by references where appropriate and not libellous, defamatory or in breach of confidentiality or copyright. Real or potential conflicts of interest must be declared.
When submitting a comment, contributors agree to the following terms:
- You grant The Cochrane Collaboration ('Cochrane') a non-exclusive license to publish the Comment, and to identify you as its author.
- John Wiley & Sons, Ltd (‘Wiley’) will not accept Comments that may be libellous, abusive, obscene, in breach of any obligation of privacy or confidentiality, or otherwise unlawful.
- Cochrane will decide in its sole discretion whether to publish the comment, and may edit the comment for publication.
- You must have copyright ownership of all material that you submit. Publication of the Comment must not infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any third party.
- You take responsibility for submissions under your identification and use the information provided here at your own risk. Cochrane and Wiley will not be liable for the content of Comments.
- Neither Cochrane nor Wiley can reply to requests for clinical or personal advice.
There is guidance for submitting comments on the Cochrane Library website.