- Selecting and inviting suitable peer reviewers, according to the Cochrane policy on peer review (e.g. using workflows in Archie or other CRG-specific systems).
- For Diagnostic Test Accuracy (DTA) protocols and reviews, liaising with the DTA Editorial Team, to ensure that the DTA editorial process is followed.
- Keeping accurate records of the peer review process, including who has been invited and when, and recording all permissions and conflict of interest statements, compliant with the data protection policy (e.g. using workflows in Archie or other CRG-specific systems).
- Providing deadlines for receipt of comments (e.g. via email or automated prompts from the Archie workflow).
- Providing suitable materials (e.g. guidance on peer review, peer review checklist, etc., via email, workflows in Archie or links to the CRG website or this resource).
- Ensuring that all peer reviewers have provided a 'Potential conflict of interest' statement (e.g. via email).
- Sending reminders for late reports (e.g. via email or automated prompts from the Archie workflow).
- Collating peer review reviewer comments.
- Dealing with all communication relating to the peer review process (e.g. via Archie workflows or email).
- Maintaining a list of CRG peer reviewers to be published on the CRG website on an annual basis.
- Collating and sending feedback to peer reviewers (e.g. via email or workflows in Archie).
- Raising any concerns with the CRG Editor or Co-ordinating Editor.