A. Which Reviews are available for translation on Memsource?
1. Reviews that were published in the past 12 months are available for translation
When a Review is published in English, we create a new project for each language on Memsource for you to translate. When a Review is updated or amended and re-published, we delete any existing projects of this Review on Memsource and create a new project, so that you always and only have the most recent version of each Review available on Memsource. On Memsource, you will find all Reviews that were published in the past 12 months. Memsource automatically deletes projects 12 months after they were created.
2. Withdrawn Reviews, Titles or Protocols of Reviews are not available for translation
Please note that we do not support translation of Withdrawn Reviews, Protocols or Registered Titles of Reviews, so you will not find these on Memsource.
B. Add a Review to Memsource that was published more than 12 months ago
If you need to translate a Review that was published more than 12 months ago, you can add it to Memsource via Archie.
1. Got to https://archie.cochrane.org and log in to Archie.
2. Find the Review you want to translate.
Enter the CD number of the Review into the search field in the top right corner, and then click on the Document search button.
3. In the list of search results, right-click on the Review, select "Translate into", and then click on your language.
The Review is the result with a blue "R" symbol on the left. The other results, if any, are usually existing translations of the same Review.
You will only see your own language, not all languages. After you click on your language, the Review will be added to Memsource as a new project. That may take up to 5 minutes.