In some limited circumstances there may be a need to publish supplemental material to a Cochrane Review. At the current time it is not possible to publish supplemental data/files alongside a Cochrane Review in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews and so the following process must be followed:
- Ensure that it is not possible to include the data/files within the RevMan file (as ideal).
- Supplemental data/files may be deposited in a institutional or disciplinary repository or in a general repository, such as Figshare, Zenodo, or Dryad, with the following conditions:
- the supplemental file(s) will have a digital object identifier (DOI) (or another type of permanent identifier) when included in the repository.
- the full citation for the review (including the Cochrane Review DOI) is included in each supplemental file.
- copyright in the supplemental file is attributed to the authors – “© The Authors”.
- links/references to the supplemental file(s) (including DOIs) are included within the Cochrane Review.
Cochrane Review Group (CRG) Managing Editors can contact Managing Editor (ME) Support (email@example.com) for questions about or support for this process.