The Cochrane Review Group must inform the author team when an exemption is in place and that it has been approved.
Informing the Editorial & Methods Department
The Cochrane Review Group must forward any approved exceptions to the Editorial & Methods Department (email@example.com) with the following information:
- Review title
- Number of peer reviewers to remain anonymous
RevMan/Archie Workflows guidance: when peer reviewer remains anonymous to the authors
When peer reviewers return comments to a CRG through whatever format (e.g. checklist or email with a list of comments), the CRG should check that the peer reviewer has agreed to take part in named peer review. If the peer reviewer is remaining anonymous, the CRG should update the peer reviewer’s Properties sheet in Archie as follows:
- Ensure the peer reviewer has been assigned a Group role of 'Peer reviewer'.
- Create a new Administrative note with the Title e.g. ‘2018 closed peer review submitted’.
- Add the name of the protocol/review to the Note text.
CRGs can then search for all peer reviewers that have submitted closed peer review by using the Advanced Search in Archie as follows:.
- The People option should be selected at the top with the Match all rows (AND) option.
- Role in Entity | Peer reviewer | [Insert Cochrane Review Group] | Active
- Note Title | Contains | YEAR closed peer review submitted