Welcome to the Archie Knowledge Base.
Archie is where Cochrane Groups manage reviews and other documents, and contact details for contributors.
- Access to Archie is reserved for Cochrane editorial teams, authors of Cochrane reviews, and staff of Cochrane groups with relevant roles.
- The data for Cochrane Groups and their members are maintained by Groups themselves.
To use Archie, you must have a personal Cochrane Account, and a role within Cochrane that allows you to access Archie.
Go to the Archie homepage and log in with your user name and password. If you do not have an account, read more about getting one under Access to Archie: group roles and permissions.
If you wish to jump right in and have a quick introduction to Archie, you should read the Quickstart guide.
Support for users of Archie
Please contact email@example.com if you cannot find the answer to your Archie query in the Archie Knowledge Base.
Current version of Archie
Archie version 5.3.0. Workflow template versions 1.5. Recent updates to Archie.
Recent updates to Archie Help
- January 2020: Archie Help renamed Archie Knowledge Base.
- April 2019: Migrated Archie Help from RoboHelp to Confluence, a new wiki-based platform.
- November 2018: Updated Updating Classification on how to update internal notes.
- April 2018: Updated Contact address and Affiliations, Contact details in reviews, Access to Archie: group roles and permissions, Managing user accounts, Marking records as duplicates and Document roles sections with recent changes concerning contact details and affiliations. Explained how to deal with membership project records. Renamed sections: About Addresses to Contact details and Affiliations, Becoming a user to Accessing Archie.
Recent space activity