Welcome to Archie Help. Archie is where Cochrane Groups manage reviews and other documents, and contact details for contributors.
- Access to Archie is reserved for Cochrane editorial teams, authors of Cochrane reviews, and staff of Cochrane groups with relevant roles.
- The data for Cochrane Groups and their members are maintained by Groups themselves.
To use Archie, you must have a personal Cochrane Account, and a role within Cochrane that allows you to access Archie.
Go to the Archie homepage and log in with your user name and password. If you do not have an account, read more about getting one under Accessing Archie.
If you wish to jump right in and have a quick introduction to Archie, you should read the Quickstart guide.
See also the Archie section on the Cochrane Community web site, https://community.cochrane.org/help/tools-and-software/archie, for link to our ideas web page, information about the latest updates, how to get support, and other useful resources.
Archie version 4.22.2; Workflow template versions 1.5.
Recent major updates
- April 2019: Migrated Archie Help from RoboHelp to Confluence, a new wiki-based platform.
- November 2018: Updated Updating Classification on how to update internal notes.
- April 2018: Updated Contact address and Affiliations, Contact details in reviews, Accessing Archie, Managing user accounts, Marking records as duplicates and Document roles sections with recent changes concerning contact details and affiliations. Explained how to deal with membership project records. Renamed sections: About Addresses to Contact details and Affiliations, Becoming a user to Accessing Archie.
Recent space activity