The workflow system can generate four types of reports related to workflows:
- Workflow Report - provides detailed information for a single workflow.
- Workflow Status Report - provides on overview of ongoing workflows in your group. Four special versions with predefined settings are also available.
- Workflow Role Report - shows a count of tasks for all people who already have had a specific role.
- Workflow Roles Workload Report - shows the time spent on task completion distributed by role.
To open a Workflow Report
- Locate the workflow in the CRG's Workflows folder
- Right-click the workflow and choose Reports > Workflow Report
Tip:You can open a Workflow Report for a particular review from the Workflow tab of its Properties.
Workflow Status report
To open a Workflow Status report
- Right-click your group (or the Workflows folder) and choose Reports > Workflow Status. Note that generating the report may take a while. Attempting to reload the report while the Please Wait dialog is displayed will only delay this further.
The Workflow Status report has settings that control filtering and presentation. By using them in combination, you can create a report that returns more precise results in a suitable format. You can save your settings (see below), so these will be used when you open the Workflow Status report.
At the end of the report, the number of workflows listed is reported by current Stage (so, for example a Review Development workflow is counted as being for a Protocol).
Show tasks with due date before
Includes those tasks that must be completed before a particular date.
Show active tasks only
Only lists tasks with the status 'In Progress'.
Exclude reviews with no task found
Shortens the report by not listing reviews without any tasks matching the other filtering options.
Show starred reviews only
Only shows workflows for reviews that have been starred.
Show workflows that have reached milestone
and have not yet reached milestone
Use this to limit to workflows that are between the desired milestones.
Include workflows with no milestones
When filtering on milestone reached, this option allows you also to include workflows based on early versions of the templates (e.g., Review Development v 1.1), which did not have milestones. Selected by default.
Use this to limit to workflows managed by a particular manager.
Determines the types of workflows that should be included.
Includes a list of roles and assignees for each workflow.
Controls whether the workflows are grouped by the workflow type or the review.
Determines how tasks are sorted within tasks lists when the report is generated.
Tip: after the report is generated, you can change the order of tasks within individual task lists by clicking the column header you wish to sort by.
Option to include workflow notes or both workflow and task notes.
To apply settings
- Open a Workflow Status Report.
- Choose the relevant filter and presentation settings.
- Click Update. Note that generating the report may take a while. Attempting to reload the report while the Please Wait dialog is displayed will only delay this further.
To save report settings
- Edit the report options.
- Click to save the settings. Your settings will now be used as the default when you open the report.
Example of using search filters in Workflow Status Report
How to identify active tasks with due dates for the coming week?
- Open a Workflow Status Report.
- Click to change the due date to a week ahead in the Show tasks with due date before option.
- Mark the Show active tasks only option.
- Mark the Exclude reviews with no tasks option.
- Choose milestone A from the Show workflows that have reached milestone pull-down list.
- Mark the 'Include workflows with no milestones' box if you are still running some workflows from the time before milestones were added to the workflow templates.
- Mark Protocol Development, Protocol Amendment, Review Development, Review Amendment and Review Update in the Workflows included option.
- Choose whether you want to group by Workflow type or Review title.
- Click Update to run the Report.
Workflow Role report
Before choosing who to assign a role in a workflow, you can use the Workflow Role Report to review the current and future workload of all people who have until now been assigned the role.
To use the Workflow Role Report
- Right-click your group (or the Workflows folder) and choose Reports >Workflow Role Report.
- Choose a workflow role from the pull-down list and click Update. The report lists all persons who have been assigned a task in your CRG, in the specified role.
Workflow Roles Workload Report
This shows the time spent on task completion distributed by role.
See also Viewing documents.
Generating and using workflow reports: training video