You can do it either by editing a template (see About workflow templates) or after a workflow is created.
To pre-skip a task in a created workflow:
You can do it either via a workflow's task list:
- Open the workflow's Properties sheet and go to the Tasks tab
- Choose the task from the task list
- Right-click the task and choose Skip
or via a task's Properties sheet:
- Double-click the task
- This opens the task's Properties sheet and go to the General tab
- Choose Skip in the Status option.
- Click Apply.
Tip: The option 'Skip tasks until:' allows you to skip a number of tasks that have already been done and start a workflow from a particular task. This feature is available only for Not Started workflows. In the Tasks tab, choose a task you want become active and mark 'Skip tasks until', and then click Start.
See also Skipping tasks.