The below instructions are not applicable if your group has moved to using Editorial Manager. See Register a new title.
Initial proposal / expression of interest
- Confirm that the proposed topic is appropriate for a Cochrane Review and falls within the scope of your Group.
- Confirm that the proposed topic does not overlap significantly with any existing Titles, Protocols, or Full Reviews in your Group or another CRG.
- Create a Vacant Title in Archie and assign the Document Role Contact Person (which may involve creating a new Person record and linked Cochrane Account in Archie).
- Check that the Write Phase (General tab) is Editorial.
- Ask the Contact Person to complete and submit a Review Proposal Form (RPF).
- Request Declarations of Interest
- When the completed RPF is returned by the Contact Person, follow your Group's existing procedures for reviewing the RPF, requesting changes, and approving a final version
Registering an approved title
Once the RPF has been approved, convert the Vacant Title created in the preceding steps to a Registered Title:
- Check (using Quick Search) whether all the proposed authors have records in Archie. Create records and linked Cochrane Accounts for any authors not already in the system. Be sure that all authors have been assigned the Group Role Author in your Group.
- Open the Properties of the Vacant Title:
- Confirm that the Write Phase (General tab) is Editorial.
- On the People tab, assign Document Roles as available. (Remember that the Contact Person may or may not also be an Author, and assign Roles accordingly.)
- On the Topics tab, link to your Group's Topics List, if possible.
- Create or update Notes, if necessary.
- Change the Stage on the General tab from Vacant Title to Registered Title. (Note: This action will generate a message to the Newtitles mailing list, see About the Newtitles list).
- Change the Stage on the General tab from Registered Title to Protocol to allow authors to begin work in RevMan Web.
- Change the Write Phase to Authoring (General tab of Properties).
- Send an email to the Contact Person to advise her/him that the author team can now begin work. Provide guidance on using RevMan Web - see RevMan Web for editorial teams (archived).