To add a folder
- Right-click the folder you wish to add a new sub-folder to (e.g., Files), and choose New > Folder.
- Enter a name for the folder and click OK.
New folders will by default inherit the permissions of their parent folder, but if you are a Super User you can set separate permission for the new folder (see About files).
To add a file
- Right-click the folder where you wish to add a new file (e.g., Documents \ Shared), and choose New > File. Leave the default File Stored in Archie option selected.
- Click Browse... to open the Choose file window.
- Locate the file on your computer, click it, and click Open.
- If you wish to enable versioning, check the Enable Versioning box.
- Click OK to begin uploading the file to Archie. Once the upload completes, the file will appear in the folder view.
To add a link to a file or online document
- Right-click the folder where you wish to add a new file (e.g., Documents \ Shared ), and choose New > File.
- Select the File Stored Outside of Archie option.
- Enter the File Name you wish to appear in Archie .
- Enter the URL of the file. Tip: Copy and paste the URL to ensure it is exactly right.
- Click OK.
Once a link is created, the File name can be changed using Renamed, but the URL cannot be modified. To correct or update an URL, you must create a new linked file and delete the old one.
See also About files, Working with files.