Archie acts as your group's shared drive/database for storing and sharing reviews and other documents. When you want to edit a document, you need to check the document out from Archie, edit it, then check it back in to Archie. While the document is checked out to one user, it is not available for check out to another user. This is an essential part of Archie's version control system.
When a document is checked out, this will be shown with a small padlock iconin the Resources folder view. The details of when a document was checked out and by who, can be viewed on the under Availability on the General tab of the document's Properties.
To check out a document
- Locate the document you which to check out.
- Right-click the document and choose Check Out. The icon appears in the Check Out column of the File folder.
To check in a document
- Locate the document you which to check in.
- Right-click the document and choose Check In. The File Check-In window opens.
- Click Browse... to open the Choose file window.
- Locate the file on your computer, click it, and click Open.
- If you wish to enable versioning, check the Enable versioning box.
- Click OK to begin uploading the file to Archie. Once the upload completes, the file will appear in the folder view.
The icon disappears in the Check Out column of the main File pane.